- County Historian
- History of Livingston County
- County Bicentennial 2021
County Bicentennial 2021
In 2021, Livingston County celebrated 200 years!
Last bicentennial event: Book still available!
Women's Biographical Review: Achievers, Leaders, and Role Models, Livingston County, NY. This publication features 200 women from the last two centuries associated with Livingston County.
Order your copy today via the Historian's Office!
Also available at Sundance Books in Geneseo or on Amazon.com.
Bicentennial Event Checklist
The County Historian's Office has accomplished the following in commemoration of the bicentennial year:
- Hosted Scanning Days for the public and County departments (Jul. 2019)
- Created a new office brochure (Aug. 2019)
- Produced an historical map exhibit at the Government Center (Oct.-Nov. 2019)
- Launched new virtual Heritage Trails: Women's History Trail (Mar. 2020), Historical Markers Trail (Jan. 2021), Around the Towns (Apr. 2021), Churches and Religious Sites (Jun. 2021), Saints and Sinners Cemetery Trail (Oct. 2021)
- Released new video, Local History Out Loud, Part Two: Civil War to the Industrial Era (Sept. 2020)
- Published Bicentennial Special Supplement to the Livingston County News (Jan. 2021)
- Marked the 200th anniversary of Livingston County's formation with a special meeting of the Board of Supervisors; view commemorative program (Feb. 2021)
- Celebrated Women's History Month with profiles on Facebook and a video about Gail McGuire of Avon (Mar. 2021)
- Dedicated a new historical marker at the county courthouse (Apr. 2021) and the County Poorhouse (Jun. 2021)
- Rolled out Cheers to 200 Years! Livingston County craft beverage trail (May-Nov. 2021)
- Released the Bicentennial Geocaching Trail, with caches at over 30 historical sites all over the county (Jun. 2021)
- Dedicated the County Poorhouse Cemeteries and read names of those buried, dedicated historical marker for poorhouse farm site (Jun. 2021)
- Classic Car Cruise and Show - a cruise through all 17 towns ending with a full show field of classic cars (Aug. 2021)
- Dedicated Murray Hill historical marker (Sept. 2021)
- Co-sponsored "An Art and History Affair" exhibit at GVCA featuring art from historical societies' collections (Sept. 2021)
- Tributes on social media to veterans from across the county and from all eras (Nov. 2021)
- Placing of a time capsule at the Livingston County Government Center, intended to be opened in 50 years (Dec. 2021) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>