Livingston County will cover certain fees associated with obtaining or maintaining a DRIVER LICENSE for income eligible households. Residency must be Livingston County.
- Learner Permit
- Driving Lessons
- 5 Hour Course
- Identity Documents
- License Renewals
- Defensive Driving Course
Apply by downloading & printing the application or call the number below to request an application be mailed.
Collect and send proof of income of every contributing member of the household. Everyone in the household is counted.
You are automatically income eligible if you get cash assistance, SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, or HEAP. Please provide award letter as proof.
You will need proof of income
- Employment – most recent pay stub with year to date total
- Social security check, award letter, or bank statement showing deposit
- Retirement income statement, check, or bank statement
- Unemployment Insurance – determination letter or payment history print out
- Copy of child support and/or alimony check, a signed note from paying parent that states the total amount or form from Support Collection Unit
- Statement of Self-Employment income showing income and expenses
Sign the application and mail everything in.
An Employment & Training Counselor will contact you to schedule an eligibility interview.
Livingston County Workforce Development
Attn: Driver License Program
6 Court Street Room 105
Geneseo, NY 14454