Livingston County Department of Health no longer has COVID-19 test kits. Please see below options for free kits.
Free Test Kits for Most Individuals with a Health Plan (as of January 15, 2023):
- Learn more about Free COVID-19 test kits online, at a pharmacy, or in stores at no cost or receive reimbursement after the purchase through health insurance.
- Insurance companies are required to reimburse you at a rate of up to $12 per individual test (or the cost of the test, if less than $12).
- Health plans must cover 8 individual at-home over-the-counter COVID-19 tests per person enrolled in the plan per month. That means a family of four can get 32 tests per month for free.
- People with Medicaid or CHIP coverage should contact their state Medicaid or CHIP agency for information regarding the specifics of coverage for at-home COVID-19 tests, as coverage rules may vary by state.
- For those who are uninsured, more information is coming soon from the Biden-Harris Administration. Many tests are available at community health centers.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is providing up to 50 million free, at-home tests to community health centers and Medicare-certified health clinics for distribution at no cost to patients and community members.
Free Test Kits from the US Government (Winter 2022/2023):
Click here to order free COVID test kits
COVID -19 Test Kit Expiration Dates Extended:
Click here for extended expiration dates COVID -19 Test Kit Expiration Dates Extended: COVID -19 Test Kit Expiration Dates Extended: COVID -19 Test Kit Expiration Dates Extended: COVID -19 Test Kit Expiration Dates Extended: COVID -19 Test Kit Expiration Dates Extended: COVID -19 Test Kit Expiration Dates Extended: for COVID-19 test kits.
Short 4 minute video in English of home/self kit use
Short 4 minute video with Spanish subtitles of home/self kit use
A special thanks to Monroe County Department of Public Health for use of these videos.
Continue Preventative Actions:
It is encouraged for residents to:
- Continue hand washing
- Always get tested/test when not feeling well
- Stay home and away from others if tested positive for COVID-19
- Get boosters and vaccines to effectively reduce symptoms and risk of death
- Watch for future alerts for additional prevention guidelines
For general questions, please contact the Livingston County Department of Health at 585-243-7270.