The Office of workforce Development can provide you with a variety of services to assist your company in finding the best-qualified candidates
- Recruitment services
- On-the-job Training programs
- Conference rooms available for screening, testing, interviewing
- Post job openings with Department of Labor (Job Order Submission Form DOC)
- Trained certified counselors to assist in pre-screening process
- Pre-employment testing of job applicants
These tests can help build confidence that you as an employer are selecting employees who have the abilities necessary for your positions.
National Work Readiness Credential (NWRC)
This is a national, portable credential that Defines, Measures, and Certifies that job seeker has the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to succeed in entry-level positions. This credential uses real world scenario modules and is primarily geared toward youth who have not had real work experience. This credential indicates that candidates have demonstrated basic skills for success. Passing all four components earns the certificate:
- Read with Understanding
- Use Math to Solve Problems
- Oral Language
- Situational Judgment
National Career Readiness Credential (NCRC)
This testing confirms that an individual possesses the basic workplace skills required for 21-century jobs. While WorkKeys measures skills in several areas, the Career Readiness Certificate focuses on three targeted skills (Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, Locating Information). These skill areas were determined because they are the most utilized assessments in the Occupational Profile database at ACT, which contains about 10,000 job profiles.
Four levels of certificates standardize skills that indicate the certificate holder is job ready.
- Bronze Level - indicates certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 30% of profiled jobs
- Silver Level - indicates the certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 65% of profiled jobs
- Gold Level - indicates the certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 90% of profiled jobs
- Platinum Level - indicates the certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 99% of profiled jobs