The Office of workforce Development can provide you with a variety of services to assist your company in finding the best-qualified candidates
- Recruitment services
- On-the-job Training programs
- Conference rooms available for screening, testing, interviewing
- Post job openings with Department of Labor (Job Order Submission Form PDF)
- Trained certified counselors to assist in pre-screening process
- Pre-employment testing of job applicants
These tests can help build confidence that you as an employer are selecting employees who have the abilities necessary for your positions.
National Career Readiness Credential (NCRC)
This testing confirms that an individual possesses the basic workplace skills required for 21-century jobs. While WorkKeys measures skills in several areas, the Career Readiness Certificate focuses on three targeted skills (Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, Locating Information). These skill areas were determined because they are the most utilized assessments in the Occupational Profile database at ACT, which contains about 10,000 job profiles.
Four levels of certificates standardize skills that indicate the certificate holder is job ready.
- Bronze Level - indicates certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 30% of profiled jobs
- Silver Level - indicates the certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 65% of profiled jobs
- Gold Level - indicates the certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 90% of profiled jobs
- Platinum Level - indicates the certificate holder possesses core employability skills for approximately 99% of profiled jobs