Community Health Worker Program
Maternal & Infant Community Health Collaborative
The Community Health Worker Program, also known as MICHC, will be discontinuing on September 30, 2020. The information below will provide local resources that continue to be available for you or your clients.
Current Livingston County Department of Health programs can be found at www.livingstoncounty.us/doh.htm. In addition to these programs, there are several others in the community which may be helpful for you and/or your clients:
- Breast For All, LLC offers breastfeeding help to parents whose babies are yet to be born, are recently born, or are facing a a new breastfeeding challenge. Call Catherine Wightman at (585)204-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CASA-Trinity offers parenting classes. Please call (585) 991-5012 or visit https://casa-trinity.org/index.php
- Catholic Charities offers child and family therapy, parenting classes and case management, and emergency assistance. Call 585-658-4466 or visit https://www.aboutcclc.org/services/.
- Chances and Changes serve victims of domestic violence. Call 1-585-658-2660
or 1-888-252-9360 http://chancesandchanges.org/index.html.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension offers parenting classes. Call 585-991-5420 or http://ccelivingstoncounty.org/
- Department of Social Services provides preventive services case management, daycare assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, HEAP, and emergency services call 243-7300 or visit https://www.livingstoncounty.us/274/Social-Services.
- Focus on the Children provides emergency services. Call 502-7157.
- Hillside GLOW Family Support provides emotional and behavioral support. Call 256-7500 or visit https://www.hillside.com/services/family-resources/.
- Noyes 1st Steps provides prenatal support program and Medicaid application support. Call 335-4249 or visit https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/noyes/community-outreach/are-you-expecting/first-steps.aspx.
Many thanks for your assistance in making the Community Health Worker Program a success in Livingston County for over 15 years.