April 5, 2021 12:20 PM
Livingston County COVID-19 Response
as of 4/5/21
• There have been 3,985 confirmed cases in Livingston County. Visit www.livingstoncounty.us/1207/COVID-19 for more detailed information.
• Beginning tomorrow, all New Yorkers 16 years of age and older will be eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine. Pfizer is the only vaccine approved for 16 years and older. The Livingston County Department of Health is primarily using the Moderna vaccine which is for 18 years of age and older.
• Watch the Livingston County Department of Health website for updated vaccine clinic information and availability at www.livingstoncounty.us/vaccine.
• Domestic travelers will no longer be required to quarantine after entering New York from another U.S. State or U.S. Territory starting April 1st. Visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
• Governor Cuomo announced guidance for the upcoming catered event season. Please visit https://www.livingstoncounty.us/1206/COVID-19-Information-for-Operators for details.
• The Open Enrollment Period for uninsured New Yorkers has been extended through March 31, 2021. New Yorkers can apply for coverage through NY State of Health or directly through insurers.
• There is a COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker Dashboard which updates New Yorkers on the distribution of the vaccine including the number of doses received by the state, a breakdown of first or second doses, and the number of persons vaccinated with the first and second doses in each region.
• The New York State Department of Health has adopted the updated guidance from the CDC to include a 10-day quarantine option for those who do not show symptoms. The official guidance can be found here.
• The Livingston County Department of Health continues to offer COVID-19 diagnostic testing on a limited basis by appointment only. Please call (585) 243-7270 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday to determine if you qualify for testing.
• Residents can check the number of positive cases in school districts. A dashboard for public viewing is available at https://schoolcovidreportcard.health.ny.gov/.
• Testing is available to all New Yorkers statewide. Visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-testing for more information.
• Livingston County Mental Health has a help line for community members who need someone to talk to during these stressful times. This is free and confidential. Please call 243-7251 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM -5:00 PM.
• For more information on local resources please visit 211lifeline.org, call 2-1-1 or access the COVID-19 community support map at www.thelcn.com.