How do I report abuse or neglect?
If you have reasonable cause to suspect that a child is being neglected or abused, please call the New York State Central Register at 1-800-342-3720. If the information you provide meets the legal criteria for abuse or maltreatment, your report will be recorded and electronically forwarded to the Livingston County Child Protective Services Division for investigation. A CPS worker will be assigned to meet with the family and assess the situation to ensure that the children are safe in the home. The name of the person making the report with be kept confidential.

Show All Answers

1. What is considered maltreatment/neglect?
2. What is considered abuse?
3. How do I report abuse or neglect?
4. What is a Mandated Reporter?
5. How can I get Mandated Reporter Training?